Health Care Strategy
Our goal is...
To increase the link between clinics and communities for equitable access to health care preventions. We encourage educational opportunities that address:
• Tobacco cessation
• Pediatric and/or adult obesity
• Breastfeeding support
• Falls prevention
• Dementia awareness & support
Research has shown that patients are more likely to check out a resource referred to by their health care provider. Early referral and intervention allows for patients to integrate “prevention” care which over time will alleviate the need for costly restorative care intervention.
This strategy is found to be an effective collaboration between health care settings, local public health and community-based organizations and programs.
EVIDENCE-BASED COMMUNITY PROGRAMS INCLUDE
• I Can Prevent Diabetes
• Living Well with Diabetes
• Living Well with Chronic Conditions
• A Matter of Balance
• Tai Ji Quan
• Moving for Better Balance
• Dementia-Friendly Communities
• Minnesota Department of Health Breastfeeding-Friendly Recognition
PAST PARTNERS & PROJECTS: Health Care
Partnered with Health Care providers to promote active referral of patients to local evidence-based programs.
- Partnered with Mayo Clinic Health System in Red Wing to promote evidence-based programs.
- Partnered with Mayo Clinic Health System in Red Wing and Accra Home Health Care to host two, Living Well with Chronic Conditions Workshops
- Partnered with Red Wing Senior Center to host A Matter of Balance Workshop
- Partnered with Mayo Clinic Health System Red Wing, Olmsted Medical Center Accra Home Health and the CARE Clinic to host Living Well with Chronic Conditions and A Matter of Balance Workshops
- Partnered with Mayo Clinic Health System Red Wing and the University of Minnesota Extension to host an I CAN Prevent Diabetes Campaign.